Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Madonna appeared on Oprah today to address the media frenzy surrounding her adoption of a 13 month old boy from Malawi Africa. We were proud of Madonna in her decision to adopt an unfortunate orphan from Africa. SO LEAVE HER ALONE!!!!! We will never understand why certain members of the worldwide press have made the choice to "spin" this story into such a negative situation. Shame on you!! In addressing the critics of Madonna's adoption she had this to say, "I beg all of those people to go to Africa and see what I saw and walk through those villages. To see 8-year-olds in charge of households. To see mothers dying, with Kaposi sarcoma lesions all over their bodies. To see open sewages everywhere. To see what I saw. It is a state of emergency. As far as I'm concerned, the adoption laws have to be changed to suit that state of emergency. I think if everybody went there, they'd want to bring one of those children home with them and give them a better life."