Thursday, April 05, 2007

HOT Betty

There is nothing ugly about America Ferrera a.k.a. ‘Ugly Betty’ in the May issue of W magazine.
America on what she wanted to do before falling in love with acting: “Acting was not something that they [America’s Honduran-born parents] came to this county to have me do. For a time I thought I could be a lawyer. Once I saw what it really meant to be a lawyer, I realized that it wasn’t for me. I thought it was like in the movies, like, ‘You can’t handle the truth!’
America on her atypical Hollywood body: “Of course I want to be at a weight where I’m happy. There are times when I go to the gym and really try, and there are times when I just don’t. I gain a pound; I lose a pound. But I think I’ve developed a really good sense of when I’m doing something for myself as opposed to when I’m doing something because of other people’s expectations of me. And honestly, even if I wanted to be anorexic, I just don’t have what it takes. After four hours of being anorexic, I’d be like, ‘It’s been four whole hours! Feed me!’