Thursday, June 09, 2011

2011 CMT Awards

The CMT Music Awards went down last night in Nashville and it was one for the ages. The country music show was filled with big winners, a big fall, a wardrobe malfunction, and more. Check out the most buzz worthy moments from the show:

1. Justin Bieber wins his first country award! The Bieb is clearly a pop star, but everything he touches turns to gold, even in the country world. He collaborated with Rascal Flatts for his song "That Should Be Me" and took home the prize for Collaborative Video of the Year last night. "First of all, I just want to say how honored I am to be here ... with Rascal Flatts," Bieber said on stage. "How amazing are Rascal Flatts, everybody? I want to thank my mom. I want to thank my family. And I want to thank Rascal Flatts for even jumping on the song with me."

2. Sheryl Crow has a wardrobe malfunction. This singer learned a hard lesson about
sitting on a stool in a short skirt last night when she accidentally flashed her underwear to the cameras while singing a duet with Kid Rock. She addressed the matter when she got back onstage to present and pointed out that things could have been worse: "I was wearing underwear," she said. "Cause I am good, clean family entertainment."

3. Shania Twain takes a spill. Shania Twain also learned a hard truth last night: Slick floors and high heels don't mix well. The songstress approached the stage to give Blake Shelton his Male Video of the Year prize when she fell. Hard. But, she quickly got up and brushed herself off and carried on with the show. "I just made a complete fool of myself and experienced one of life's most embarrassing moments," she said about the incident. "I don't need a stunt double." She added that she's getting rid of those shoes ASAP. "I never want to see those shoes again!" Shania said.

4. Ludacris goes country. We definitely didn't see this pair-up coming! The rap guru took the stage with country star Jason Aldean last night to sing Aldean's "Dirt Road Anthem." And, the collaboration was totally awesome. "History has been made, baby," Luda said at the end of the performance.

5. Nicole Kidman wears a weird dress, Keith Urban rocks out. Nicole usually shows up to support her hubby on the red carpet at these types of events -- and she typically looks totally gorgeous. The actress has had some big fashion hits this year, but last night was a loss. She wore a Proenza Schouler number, with blue and green stripes, a sheer, asymmetrical hemline, and funky lilac sandals. The critics were harsh about this number, but the two looked totally in love and cute, so you can't really be too mean. Keith hit the stage for his hit "Long Hot Summer" and his awesome voice and beautiful hair made us forget his wife's funky fashion.