Thursday, September 28, 2006

Janet Jackson 20 Y.O.


Courtesy: The Masked Industry Insider

Ok, I just listened to Janet Jackson's new album 20 Y.O. And for all you guys thinking that this is another Damita Jo, you're wrong. There are some pretty good songs on the album like So Excited (featuring Khia), With U (which has an old-Janet sound), and Call On Me (featuring Nelly). And there's even a real hit on the album - Do It 2 Me. That song is the ISH!! When I heard it I jumped around the room shouting "Janet Is Back, Janet Is Back!!"That's the good news. The bad news is there is some real trash on the album. Two songs in particular stand out - Get It Out Me (which sounds like a Cassie song) and Love 2 Love (which is just plain annoying). After hearing that whack-iosity I just wanted to grab Janet and shake the mess out of her. And after I listened to the whole album I kept asking myself one question - why didn't Jermaine Dupri put more hits on the album. That man can make hit after hit for Mariah Carey, why can't he do the same for Janet? I just can't figure that one out. Now it's time to rate the album. I figured that instead of coming up with some corny system like two thumbs up or four mics, I'd just tell you what the album is worth. Since it does have some good songs, I'd say it's worth $6.99 - the Walmart on-sale price. Ms Jackson is on her way back, but she's still not good enough to get off the sale rack.