Tuesday, December 05, 2006

For all of you who flooded our mail box with thousands of emails wondering where we have been…………Well, we were traveling coast to coast for an amazing long weekend of premieres galore........officially jump STARting the big Holiday mega-blockbuster season.

Cate Blanchett absolutely thrilled us with her Versace gown at the premiere of her new film ‘The Good German' in Hollywood last night. 'The Good German' is one of four movies Blanchett has on her roster to be released in the next year. Her co-stars George Clooney and Toby Maguire were also at the Egyptian Theatre for the screening.

Jennifer Hudson, Anika Noni Rose and Beyonce Knowles sizzled on the red carpet at the 'Dreamgirls' premiere at New York City's famed Ziegfeld Theatre.

Reporters were peppering Beyonce about the rumors floating around tabloid circles that she was jealous of her 'Dreamgirls' co-star Jennifer Hudson.

"I knew that the character I played wasn't the star," Beyonce told reporters on December 2 about her Deena Jones role, compared to Hudson's meaty part as Effie White. "She wasn't the underdog. She didn't have the struggle and the pain and the dramatic scenes that Effie had, and I was fine with that. It's really unfortunate that everyone is saying I'm jealous of Jennifer. It hurts my heart because it's so clichéd... They're saying that I'm mad when I knew going into this that I was playing Deena... Because I'm a star they just automatically assume that I'm not humble enough to sit down and take a back seat, which I am. I'm already a star. I already have nine Grammys. Everyone knows I can sing...I did this because I wanted people to know that I can act and I can play someone so different from myself."

Cameron Diaz, Jude Law and Kate Winslet continued their promotional crusade today as they attended the UK premiere of 'The Holiday' at Odeon Leicester Square in London. The screening was in aid of NCH and MediCinema.

In a recent interview with ComingSoon.net, Cameron discussed what it was like doing love scenes with Jude while in a personal relationship with Justin Timberlake:

"Well it's a funny thing we do. It's a weird job. I'm not going to say that it's not. You guys have all been around it long enough. You've asked these questions every time I'm sure to other actors. As actors we commit ourselves to certain emotions for the movie and for the sake of telling the story. That's what we do. We're storytellers. I'm sure as you ask every other actor, they'll all tell you it's uncomfortable first off to think about having to be intimate with somebody who isn't the person that you're intimate with. But, you're acting and it's your job and there's certainly a level of professional that is essential to do that kind of work. You're in a room with 50 people and the camera is right here. It's about making people believe it's something, but it's never that. For some people, I'm sure it's happened, but it's just not that for me anyhow. We're acting."