Sunday, May 10, 2009

Lance Reveals Secrets of Break-up

Musician Sheryl Crow and bicyclist Lance Armstrong arrive at the GQ 2005 Men Of The Year Awards at Mr. Chow Beverly Hills on December 1, 2005 in Beverly Hills, California. (Getty Images)

In a new book, Lance, coming out this summer, Lance Armstrong finally spills the beans on what drove he and Sheryl Crow apart. Armstrong says that Crow, who is nearly ten years his senior, really wanted to have children, and he was reluctant to become a father again. After an early preview of the book, The New York Post posted the following quotes:

"She wanted marriage, she wanted children; and not that I didn't want that, but I didn't want that at that time because I had just gotten out of a marriage, I'd just had kids. Yet we're up against her biological clock -- that pressure is what cracked it. Because if somebody wants a child -- man, that's the greatest gift you can give to a woman -- so who are you to stand there and say I don't want one. So we were at different points in our lives. We were not compatible on that issue. I felt like I wasn't ready . . . I would have been in the future, but not then. "

Crow and Armstrong dated from 2003 through 2006. In 2007, Crow decided to adopt a two-week old infant, which she named, Wyatt Steven Crow. Armstrong, meanwhile, is expecting a child with current girlfriend Anna Hansen, due sometime in June.