Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Adam Lambert Rolling Stone Cover

Adam Lambert’s highly-anticipated Rolling Stone cover hits stands tomorrow, but here's the important news: He's gay. Surprise! Dah! I think we all knew that……..

Lambert talks candidly about his sexuality -- and his decision not to discuss the subject until now -- in the interview. As previously surmised, his restraint had much to do with Idol politics, as well as the freedom to out himself on his own terms. It makes sense, considering the many questions he was presented with after compromising pictures of him with other guys hit the Internet. And more recently, he was photographed holding hands with boyfriend Drake LaBry.

"I was worried that [coming out] would be so sensationalized that it would overshadow what I was there to do, which was sing. I'm an entertainer, and who I am and what I do in my personal life is a separate thing. It shouldn’t matter. Except it does. It's so confusing. Right after the finale, I almost started talking about it to the reporters, but I thought, 'I'm going to wait for Rolling Stone, that will be cooler.' I didn’t want the Clay Aiken thing and the celebrity-magazine bullshit. I need to be able to explain myself in context."But here's the bottom line, according to Adam: "I'm proud of my sexuality. I embrace it. It's just another part of me."

It's been a huge week for this Idol runner-up, who just signed a deal with RCA records and is set to release his debut album this fall. His songs from the competition have already hit the Billboard charts, and with all the buzz he's been generating for his killer vocals and mysterious personal life, it's bound to be a success. The whirlwind should be a huge ego booster for Lambert, who admitted to the magazine: "I mean, I still have moments where I think, 'Oh, my skin is terrible, and I'm a little fat -- I should really go to the gym more.' But for the most part, when I look in the mirror now, I finally see somebody who can do something cool."